Check out the steps to paint plantation shutters
Plantation shutters can easily trap heat inside your home and that’s why it is important that you select the best plantation shutter. There is a wide range of shutters available in the market but you need to make sure that you select the trusted company from where you can get the best quality of plantation shutters. When you will buy long-lasting shutters, they will last for a long time. Instead of replacing the old shutters, you can give new life to then by repainting. By the addition of new colors, shutters will look like you have bought brand-new products for your windows. You might think that painting shutters isn’t an easy task but it is not as difficult as it seems. Here are a few easy steps with which you can repair the old shutters in an easy manner:
- First of all, you need to remove the shutters from your home to get the diy plantation shutters. After removing them, you can put on labels according to the window sides so that you can attach them in an appropriate manner. You will know which shutters will require particular knobs or hardware if you will label them before painting.
- It is necessary to remove the old paint before coloring the shutters with new paint. You can get the better surface to repaint the shutters if you will find the grit with using sandpaper. You need to clean the shutters so that painting is done in the best manner
- You can hang the shutter in a temporary manner with using two screws. You can get access to both the back and the front part of the shutters in this manner.
- First of all, you have to apply primer on the diy plantation shutters. You can go for spray painting if you want to avoid drips and want to get smooth
- When the primer is dried, you can finally apply paint on the shutters. You can let the paint dry before going for the second coat on shutters.
- When the paint is dried completely, you can fix it again at the particular windows with using hardware and knobs.
These were simple diy plantation shutters painting steps with which you can ensure better interiors of your home. When you are planning to paint your home, you should never forget the shutters because these also impart a great stylish look to your home.